Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Received "payment confirmation" yesterday for

Received "payment confirmation" yesterday...

Received "payment confirmation" yesterday for order3MNWLJDH6W6. I DID NOT ORDER this. Please take it off my account.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

I have a mini ipad and cell phone. I am elderly and don't know what os.I have.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

Yesterday I received this notice. I printed it out.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I use my mini ipad for playing solitare. I always am interrupted with ads, that I can't get rid of.

3/16/2018
Josh, Mac Support

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Was this an email from Apple?

The emails that you are receiving are actually scam emails and not from Apple. Your account is not being charged (you can view your bank account or credit card and confirm) and the goal is to steal your account information by clicking on their link in the email or by verifying your account information to the scammers.

Please delete the email and you can continue to use your account without any issues.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

The e-mail says to visit Apple Support. Therefore it must have come from Apple.

Not true -- I can send you an email saying visit Apple Support.

The link and anything else in the email is a scam.

no, i do not want to switch to a remote system. but please send me an e-mail saying visit Apple Support, so I can compare the two.

It is a scam --

You can easily check to see it is a scam by viewing your bank account and seeing that you were not charged by Apple.

I'm not convinced about this issue and will go to Apple Store, as soon as I am able.

I am sorry that you feel that way -- You are more than welcome to take your time to go to an Apple store to confirm that it was a scam.

What is the rating scale?

The rating scale?

Guess there isn't one. If you are correct, then good.

Yes, I am correct.

Thank you

Josh, Mac Support