Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Cannot find my husband's phone...Do not know how to find…

Customer Question
Cannot find my husband's...

Cannot find my husband's phone...Do not know how to find "Find MY Phone"

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?

I Phone 7os

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

Since yesterday...looked everywhere...phone # is s0n-472-5456

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

His name is***** - we are in SC

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/16/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Jamie Macko, Computer Engineer replied 4 months ago
Jamie Macko
Jamie Macko, Computer Engineer

Thank you for your question today. I am sorry that you are experiencing this. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist.

To use Find My Iphone on your computer please follow these t

1. Open iCloud.com in any web browser.
  2. Log into your iCloud account.
  3. Click on Find iPhone in the main menu.
  4. Enter your Apple ID and password and sign in if prompted
  5. Click on All Devices at the top.

6. Click the device name for the device you'd like to track.
  7. You can zoom in and out on the map to track it more closely, or you can choose from one of the modes listed in the upper right. Here is an explanation of what each does:

• Play sound - Plays an audible tone, even if your device is on vibrate or silent. This is the option you'll want to use if your iPhone or iPad has gone missing around the house.
    • Lost mode - If you use this option, you'll be asked to enter a phone number that will display on the screen of your lost device. Someone can then use this number to call if they find the device. An audible tone will also be played to draw attention to the device.
    • Erase - If you don't think you're going to be able to retrieve the device, or you're worried about someone accessing your private data, you can remotely delete everything on it in order to protect your information.

How to use Find My iPhone on a different iPhone and iPad:

Not only can you track a lost iPhone, iPad, or Mac on the web, you can use the Find My iPhone app to locate your phone. You'll find it on any iPhone. You can then track any device linked to your iCloud account by following these steps:

1. Launch the Find My iPhone app from any iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch.
  2. Log in with your iCloud ID.
  3. Tap on the name of the device you'd like to track.

4. Tap on Actions at the bottom to see your options. Here you have the same 3 options you have in the web view of iCloud:

That's it! Keep in mind that if you think your device was stolen, but you're able to track it, it's always best to get local law enforcement involved rather than trying to retrieve a stolen device on your own.

It's also worth mentioning that if you were using Apple Pay on the device that was lost or stolen, it's a good idea to remotely wipe your credit card information via iCloud on the web.

Please let me know if you need further assistance or clarity.

If this helps please rate me 5 Stars!

Thanks,

Jamie