Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My devices are denying my password. We have two new iPhones…

Customer Question
My devices are denying...

My devices are denying my password.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

We have two new iPhones (8), an iPad and laptop.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

We just got the phones and are trying to set them up. When asked for Apple ID and password (on phones and iPad), we were told it was incorrect.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of right now. I am sure there will be more questions as time progresses.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/16/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Eric Ewing, IT Pro replied 4 months ago
Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro

Hi! I'm Eric, a Mac expert who's been paired with you through JustAnswer.com. I'm reviewing your question now, and will return w/ an answer soon!

Hello! To recover your account and reset the password, please open a web browser on your computer and navigate to: iforgot.apple.com

Where prompted, enter your Apple ID (which is probably your email address). You will also need to enter some text to prove you are not a robot. (Tip: if you can't read the text, just keep clicking until you can.)

The next step will depend on the type of security you have set up for your Apple account. If you have set up two-step verification or two-factor authentication this will involve receiving details via another device.

If you haven't set up either of these extra levels of security it will be a case of getting an email or answering some security questions.

Hope that helps! If you need additional assistance, please let us know :-)

Hello! Just quickly checking back in to make sure your issue is now resolved? When you have the chance, would you kindly let me know? Thanks so much for using JustAnswer.com!

Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 1 month ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. I see the previous expert has opened the question up to the rest of the experts. Are you still in need of assistance?