Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Just got an ipad given to me.How do i change pass code?From…

Customer Question
Just got an ipad...

Just got an ipad given to me.How do i change pass code?From tech idiot

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Never it was just given to me 15 mins ago

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No I am not familar with apple

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No Just let me know what info I can give You that will help!

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Mac
3/16/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Jamie Macko, Computer Engineer replied 1 month ago
Jamie Macko
Jamie Macko, Computer Engineer

My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. To change the passcode on the new Ipad please follow these steps:

Go to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode. On devices without Touch ID, go to Settings > Passcode.

You'll find several settings and options:

• Turn Passcode Off: Tap this option to turn off your passcode.
  • Change Passcode: Enter a new six-digit passcode. Or tap Passcode Options to switch to a four-digit numeric code, a custom numeric code, or a custom alphanumeric code.
  • Require Passcode: By default with this setting, as soon as you lock your screen, you need to enter your passcode to unlock. If you don't want an immediate passcode requirement, change this setting. (For your security, if you use Touch ID or Apple Pay, you can't change the immediate passcode requirement).
  • Allow Access When Locked: Use this option to allow access to some features when your device is locked, including Today View, Recent Notifications, Siri, Reply with Message, Control Center, and Wallet.
  • Erase Data: Choose whether to erase your device automatically after ten failed passcode attempts. If you don’t enable this option, your device will need to be restored in iTunes after ten failed attempts.

I hope this helps you. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

If this helps, please rate me 5 Stars!

Thanks,

Jamie

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I see i need to go to settings first . i cannot get to settings because i do not have password ***** apple id

Here are the steps you will need to take in order to create a new AppleID and Password. Please do this, and then you can use this information to log into the ipad as yourself.

1. Open iTunes. Make sure that you have the latest version.
    If you dont have itunes on your MAC/PC download and run the installer here: https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
  2. From the menu bar at the top of your computer screen or at the top of the iTunes window, choose Account > Sign In. Then click Create New Apple ID.
  3. Read and agree to the Terms and Conditions and Apple Privacy Policy.
  4. Complete the form to create your new Apple ID. The email address you provide will be your new Apple ID. The form also includes security questions for your protection.
  5. After you've filled out the form, click Continue.
  6. Enter your credit card and billing information, then click Continue. They will charge you only when you make a purchase. You can change or remove your payment details later.
  7. Check your email for a verification email from Apple and follow the steps to verify your email address.

After you verify your email address, you can sign in to the iTunes Store and other Apple services such as iCloud with your new Apple ID.

If this helps, please rate me 5 Stars!

Thanks,

Jamie

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Waiting for conection to I tunes store!
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
are ypu still there
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
HELLO

Were you able to get this going? Let me know where you left off and what assistance you need.

-Jamie

I will send over a remote assistance request in the event that you would like me to log into a PC or MAC computer with you and assist with setting this up. We are not able to log into the Ipad device itself, but can log into a physical computer/laptop. I can help with creating the apple id from there. Note that there is an additional change for this, if you decide to accept. If you do not accept, you will not be charged additional.

To get into the Ipad you will need the previous owners passcode to initially log into it. Then you can change it to your own passcode following my directions from before, as well as log out of their AppleID and log in with you newly created one.

Let me know if you would like to proceed with remote support, or continue with the chat this way.

-Jamie

Sorry to hear you are still having issues. I closed out your duplicate ticket and we can work off of this original so that you only have one ticket open at a time.
Are you able to upload a picture of where you are currently stuck on the Ipad so that I can see what it is referencing.
Also have you been able to successfully log into your appleid from any device?

Please try on this website just to verify that you can fully get in with the ID you want, before we start making to many setting changes on the Ipad.

-Jamie

If you respond back and I don't respond right away I may be offline for a while. I will be back on starting around 9amEST tomorrow morning, and online for hours after that if you have time to continue this troubleshooting. Let me know what works best for you.

Thanks,

-Jamie

I am in my office and should be online for most of the day. Then again later tonight. Please let me know a good time that works for you to continue troubleshooting this issue.

Thanks,

Jamie

Jamie Macko
Jamie Macko
Jamie Macko, Computer Engineer