Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have a 2015 iMac. For the past two months there is a black…

I have a 2015...

I have a 2015 iMac. For the past two months there is a black dot below the email icon, indicating mail is open. However, I cannot access my email, and I cannot quit the mail. My provider is gmail.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a PRAM reset on your iMac (rebooting and holding down Command, Option, P, and R)? Or rebooting in Recovery Mode (holding down Command and R)?

No. I tried hard quitting and shutting off the computer, bur neither worked. 'll give a try to what you suggest.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I tried PRAM and command R. Neither worked.

3/16/2018
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

What exactly happens when you try to access your email?

Please let me know

Thank you

I get nothing.

Power off the mac

Then start the Mac and hold down the Command and R keys at startup.

Hold these keys until the Apple logo appears. After your computer finishes starting up, you should see a desktop with an OS X menu bar and an OS X Utilities window

choose Disk Utility from the Utilities window, or from the Installer menu if you're started from an installation disc.

Click the First Aid tab.

Click the disclosure triangle to the left of the hard drive icon to display the names of your hard disk volumes and partitions.

Select your Startup Disk (usually named "Macintosh HD").

Click Repair. Disk Utility checks and repairs the disk.

Let this complete and when it has, tell me if you still have the problem please.

Richard, Apple Software Engineer
Everything went fine until the 8th item, "Click repair." There is no repair to click on.
I turned off the computer and restarted it. The black dot below the mail icon was gone, and I have my email back.