Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Need to change apple id name and password (all forgotten)

Customer Question
Need to change apple...

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I've no idea--many years ago That's one of the problems as the email address where no passcode cold be entered is an email address I am no longer connected with

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I tried re-setting but first wanted the name which I apparently guessed something but it was not the correct one so my response to first security question was incorrect. Perhaps I didn't really have the online account reset tool--whatever that is

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Don't think so. i just want to be able to download some apps and cannot do so without accessing apple store--and that means an account name and a password

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Mac
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Response was supposed to be in 8 minutes--well beyond that. Can we pretend I never had an apple id and password ***** just start over? how do i do that?
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/15/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Jamie Macko, Computer Engineer replied 1 month ago
Jamie Macko
Jamie Macko, Computer Engineer

My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Sorry for your wait time on this question.

Yes, you always have the option of opening a brand new AppldID account using a new email address. but if you would like to go about getting into your current on here is how to reset the AppleID and Password ***** the current account:

If you forgot your Apple ID:

Use these steps to find your Apple ID.

Try a different email address:

Usually, your Apple ID is your email address.* First, try signing in with all prior email addresses that you might have used as an Apple ID.

Use your Apple ID account page:

1. Go to your Apple ID account page (https://appleid.apple.com/#!&page=signin) and click Forgot Apple ID or password.
  2. When you're asked to enter your Apple ID, click Forgot Apple ID.
  3. Enter your first name, last name, and email address. If you enter the wrong email address, you can try again with a different one.

Also you can see if you're already signed in with your Apple ID

You may already be signed in on one of your Apple devices. View the Apple ID that you're using for these services:

From your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:

4. Tap Settings > [your name] > iTunes & App Store. On iOS 10.2 or earlier, tap Settings > iTunes & App Store
  5. Tap Settings > [your name]. On iOS 10.2 or earlier, tap Settings > iCloud
  6. Tap Settings > Messages > Send & Receive
  7. Tap Settings > FaceTime
  8. Tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars
  9. From your Mac or PC:

10. Select Apple menu > System Preferences, then click iCloud
  11. Open Mail, then select Mail > Preferences, then click Accounts
  12. Open Calendar, then select Calendar > Preferences, then click Accounts
  13. Open FaceTime, then select FaceTime > Preferences, then click Settings
  14. Open Messages, then select Messages > Preferences, then click Accounts
  15. If you find your Apple ID, but still don't remember your password, reset your password.

I hope this helps you. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

If this helps, please rate me 5 Stars!

Thanks,

Jamie

If you would like remote assistance we can do that as well. Please be aware that it is an added cost. I will put the offer here if you would like me to log in and assist with this.
If you choose not to accept you will not be charged any extra.

-Jamie

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i recalled that i had used my yahoo account name and i typed that in following your instructions above and then received an email so that i could change the password. problem is the email response, with my correct email address, begins with Hello Joyce Clapp. Joyce is my fiscal officer and I've no idea why her name would be included. When i go back to my phone, the log in states using your "*****@******.***" address and of course I don't know the password. so the "help" went to my***@******.*** address but does not have my name attached to it. As i said, i need to start over as if i never had a connection. thanks.

I see, please use these steps then to create a new AppleID. You may need to choose "Sign Out" if along the way you see that one of the other accounts is logged into any device.

To do this on your MAC or PC:

Use your Mac or PC

1. Open iTunes. Make sure that you have the latest version.
  2. From the menu bar at the top of your computer screen or at the top of the iTunes window, choose Account > Sign In. Then click Create New Apple ID.
  3. Read and agree to the Terms and Conditions and Apple Privacy Policy.
  4. Complete the form to create your new Apple ID. The email address you provide will be your new Apple ID. The form also includes security questions for your protection.
  5. After you've filled out the form, click Continue.
    If you see a message that says that the email address you entered is already associated with an Apple ID, follow these instructions to use an existing Apple ID instead.
  6. Enter your credit card and billing information, then click Continue. We'll charge you only when you make a purchase. You can change or remove your payment details later.
  7. Check your email for a verification email from Apple and follow the steps to verify your email address.

After you verify your email address, you can sign in to the iTunes Store and other Apple services such as iCloud with your new Apple ID.

From your Iphone or Ipad:

1. Launch the Settings app.
  2. Tap Sign in to your iPhone at the top of the screen.

3. Tap Don't have an Apple ID or forgot it?
  4. Tap Create Apple ID when the window pops up.

5. Enter a birth date.
  6. Tap Next.
  7. Enter your first and last name.
  8. Tap Next.
  9. Select your current email address or get a new iCloud email address.

10. Enter your email address.
  11. Create a password.
  12. Verify the password.
  13. Select a security question.
  14. Type in answer.
  15. Repeat two more times.

16. Agree to the Terms and Conditions.
  17. Tap Merge or Don't Merge to sync iCloud data from Safari, reminders, contacts and calendars.
  18. Tap OK to confirm Find My iPhone is turned on.

If this helps, please rate me 5 Stars!

Thanks,

Jamie

Jamie Macko
Jamie Macko
Jamie Macko, Computer Engineer