Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My screen is totally black and can see the cursor moving and…

My screen is totally...

My screen is totally black and can see the cursor moving and the keyboard is lit up but no picture at all. When I went on last night, it would not accept my password.

Technician's Assistant: When was the last time you updated the Operating System (OS) on your Apple device?

It has been a few weeks, I went to High Sierra, but have not had time to look at the features due to work and other time constraints.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I am at work now, not at home. It will be Saturday before I can talk to the Mac Expert from home.

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/16/2018
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

Thanks, Jon

ok don't worry just yet. There are a couple things to try which we can start from the easiest to the hardest things. First, of course if you have not tried to restart or hold the power button to shutdown and then wait 30 sec and power back on then please try now.

If the restart does not work then you can try and boot your mac into recovery mode by doing the following.

1. Restart your mac
  2. immediately hold down command and R on your keyboard
  3. If done correctly you should get to a main menu
  4. choose "reinstall OS" - don't worry, this does not erase your files/data it just reinstalls the system files and folders.
  5. follow the onscreen instructions which is basically next, next, next

Sorry I will not be able to remote in due to the state of the computer but will give you some things to try

Try the restart or recovery mode instructions first that I sent and then let me know and we can continue if needed

Jon, thank you so much. It rebooted and is now showing my e-mail.

Oh good, glad it works now! If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast
Will not need the remote assistance now that Jon was able to help. If that happens in future I will use command R . Think this will be a great service to help me. Thanks again.

Yes, you can request help anytime. We are here to help. :)

Your welcome. Enjoy your mac!

Since Jon did not have to fix my computer remotely, will you please remove the $39.00 charge from my credit card. They called me to see if this was a fraudulent charge and I said it was not, but since Jon did not have to access my computer remotely I would like you to remove the charge. Thank you.

It shouldn't show 2 chargers as we did not conduct a remote session but just to make sure I am going to include our customer service info to clear up anything you need.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

You can also call 1(###) ###-####/p>

Thank you.