Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Is there a way to have a horizontal split screen on a

Is there a way...

Is there a way to have a horizontal split screen on a MacBook Air in order to use two applications at once?

Technician's Assistant: Which software or app can I help with?

I'm trying to make notes from an e-book while using Zotero

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your software?

I can get a vertical split screen, but cannot fit both on the screen. The Zotero screen cannot be sufficiently minimized to accommodate a vertical split

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

3/15/2018
syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

Yes there is a way to split screen view so you can work on two applications in the same screen.

Please click the link below and follow the instructions to use split view:

click here

Note in the screenshots the green button in particular is what you use to setup the split view.

Please let me know if you have questions with any of the steps.

This was not helpful. I asked about a horizontal split, not a vertical one. Is a horizontal split not possible? I cannot minimize both applications enough to accommodate both using a vertical split.

Please click the following link - the Moom app is probably what you need:

click here

Thanks. It looks like that will work.

Ok, very good and glad that I could help.

Just let me know if you need further assistance and also remember to provide a positive rating if you are satisfied with the service after testing the Moom app to make sure it performs according to what you need.

syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer