Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I just got a pencil & don’t know how to use it. Apple IPad…

I just got a...

I just got a pencil & don’t know how to use it

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Apple IPad pro

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

I just got the pencil. I paired it with my IPad. Now how do I utilize the pencil? Noted notes? Reminders.? What?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I don’t think so. Thank you. Can the tech call me on the phone?

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I cannot read the instructions that came with the pencil. Print too light & too small.
3/15/2018
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

You can make notes, draw, sign documents, move files and do a lot with the pencil and Pencil only work with compatible apps that supports. This video will give you an idea about what can you do with the Apple Pencil --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRe38domkUM

Also, see this video --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=So4QRl9u1KU

To do with Notes, see here --> https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT205773

There are many drawing apps there, see here --> https://www.imore.com/best-apps-drawing-ipad-pro-apple-pencil

Once you pair the Apple pencil with iPad, you will see the Pencil icon on any compatible app that let you use the pencil.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead of rating, please let me know by replying in here and I will stay with you and try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

Ashik, Mac Technician
The only app That has a pencil is Notes.
I do not want to spend an additional $39 to securely fix it. Any other way?

Secure remote is completely optional. Did you see the videos?

There are a lot of apps that support Apple pencil. Apple pencil is designed to work with any non Apple apps. Are you looking for anything particular, like drawing or so? If so, I can find a better app for you

Do I have to get the apps for Evernote & Adobe sketch ? So this pencil is a glorified, expensive stylus?

Yes, you need the apps. The pencil is just a tool that you can use with the apps. Inbuilt apps are not much of use execpt the Notes, emails etc

For advanced functions, you need to download the apps which many of them are paid apps.

Also, see here --> http://www.iphonehacks.com/2016/10/must-have-apps-for-apple-pencil-ipad-pro-users.html

If you just need this for note taking or basic tasks, then you can use the Notes app.

Another question: I saw a screen on one of your answers & it was a split screen showing battery usage got IPad & for pencil. How do I get this?

That is under Widget. Lock te iPad and then in lock screen, scroll to the bottom and tap Edit. To add a widget, tap +

You can add any widgets there including the battery. See here --> https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT207122

Lock the iPad?

That means, just press the Sleep or Power button.