Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I need to create a NEW email and NOT get a message saying…

I need to create...

I need to create a NEW email and NOT get a message saying "an email already exists for this ID." I cannot communicate with Gmail because the person who set it up for me gave my address as***@******.*** when my address is .NET. Also, he typed in one ID without erasing another he had put in earlier. Now that ID is ridiculously long.

Technician's Assistant: How's your internet connection? Are you checking Gmail from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?

I use an Apple lap top...MacBook

Technician's Assistant: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?

Not aware of any.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I've tried twice before, months apart, to correct this problem and given up in frustration both times and gone to other programs. Now, I NEED to use Gmail in order to sync my Fitbit.

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/16/2018
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Did you have this ID in the past?

Please let me know

Hi Richard, change of plans here. The thing that made this problem surface was my attempt to sync my Fitbit to my account. The fact that people at Fitbit had recorded my email as a .com address instead of a .net address, made communication impossible. I was just now able to get that resolved, so I'm all synced now and no longer have the issue...so...thank you for your willingness to help. I really don't need the Just Answer account any more. How do I go about closing it? Thanks, Joey

Hi Joey, you can contact customer service on***@******.*** and they can do this for you

Richard, Apple Software Engineer
Will do. Thanks, ***** ***** & O, Joey

ok