Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have lost the function of hovering my cursor at the left…

Customer Question
I have lost the...

I have lost the function of hovering my cursor at the left edge of my screen to show the dock. I have checked the settings and the dock is still located at the left edge and I can show the dock manually by turning hiding off. Booting into SAFE MODE does not make a difference. I am stumped.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

IMac flat screen - elcappitan 10.11.6

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Dock? What have you tried so far?

Just started happening today. I have listed what I tried above.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mac
3/16/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 5 months ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Shut down your Mac.

Find Command (⌘), Option, P, and R on your keyboard.

Turn on your Mac.

Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys immediately after you hear the startup sound.

Hold these keys until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for a second time.

Release the keys.

Let me know how it then functions please

Thank you

I figured it out myself about 30 minutes after I submitted my issue. Unplug all USB connections to the mac and then replug.

Ok, good to hear it is solved, let me know if you need anything else please