Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have forgot my log in password. Tried what I thought it…

I have forgot my...

I have forgot my log in password. Tried what I thought it was but now getting disabled for 15 minutes.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Have never changed it since I bought it.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Not sure how to do this.

3/15/2018
Aparna Indresh
Aparna Indresh, Mac Enthusiast

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

May I know if this is your Apple ID password?

Thanks, I'm now disabled for an hr so don't want to try anymore afraid it will disable for good. It is my log in password. I have my apple id password.

I understand your concern so it is your phone login password?

for some reason am not remembering login PW. I know it is a combination of numbers but obviously have forgotten the right order.

May I know if you have backup of your iPhone data?

no i have no back up. I thought with the cloud it was not necessary.

In this case if you are unable to login to your phone and it is saying disabled then we need to reset your phone and if we will reset it you will loose all your data so i just need to know is it okay with you if we will reset your iPhone?

Does this mean all my contacts, notes, pictures etc will be lost?

yes, you will loose everything after doing reset.

I think my login is(###) ###-####and can try it in 24 minutes but afraid it that is not right what will happen. Last disablement was for 1 hr. You are welcome to connect if you can. I clicked on the Secure Remote for $39.00 didn't it go through?

Unless you made a backup before you forgot your passcode, there isn't a way to save your device's data. You'll need to erase your device, which deletes all of your data and settings. If you are okay with that, I can proceed further.

What happens if I try again and it is wrong combination again?

If you enter the wrong passcode on an apple device six times in a row, you'll be locked out and a message will say that your device is disabled.

it has been disabled for an hr. wonder what happens after that? It went from 1 minute to 5 minutes to 15 min. now last one was an hr.

After few minutes, You will be getting another attempt to use the right passcode. If you still use the wrong passcode again it will be locked out.

Will it lock me out for good or is it for an hr again?

Maybe for 1 hr or 15 minutes.

I'm going to try one more time. Have 3 minutes to wait then will see. I'm going to stay conected until I see if this pw combo works.
It didnt work. now says Iphone disabled connect to iTunes. I woudl like you to connect and see what you can do please.

I'm afraid I have no choice but to have you proceed. Thank you.

May I know if you have windows computer?

Aparna Indresh
Aparna Indresh, Mac Enthusiast
I do.

Okay, Please click on this link http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=e54d1516-dd80-4946-97f0-05f873942ad5 from your computer in order to start the remote session.

May I know if you have clicked on the link and able to connect remotely?

Are you working on this or do I need to do something else.

Please click on this link so that i can take the remote access of your computer and can work on your issue.

What link? i clicked on both. Which link do you want me to click on?

Please click on this link http://http://http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=e54d1516-dd80-4946-97f0-05f873942ad5 and then you need to click on I agree and then it will download a file click on the file and run it.

it says opening Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client.exe and do I want to save this file?

Please click on save the file then only i will be able to connect you remotely.

I clicked on save file

Okay, now run the file.

How do I run the file and where is file?

It is at the bottom of the task bar just click on it and it will ask you to run then click on run.

There is no file to click on

Okay,may I know if you have iTunes in your computer?

not on my computer

Okay, then you need to download iTunes to your computer first.

how do I download itunes

Please click on this link https://www.apple.com/in/itunes/download/ and select one of the option download now for 32 bit or 64 bit and download it.

Thank you.

Please let me know once you download it.

I have the 64 bit downloaded but it wont intall it. Keeps telling me an error occured. I first tried the 32 bit but after downloading it cumputer told me I needed to DL the 64 bit one.

Please click on the link below for downloading iTunes in this computer: https://secure-appldnld.apple.com/itunes12/091-45357-20180123-72201840-FFEA-11E7-92F9-85B67CCC33A9/iTunes64Setup.exe

Once the file downloaded please follow the instruction for installation:

1. Run the iTunes installer.

• Double-click the iTunesSetup.exe file to install iTunes. At the Welcome screen, click the Next button. The installer displays the License Agreement dialog box.

2. Click the option to accept the terms of the License Agreement, and then click Next.

• You can scroll down to read Apple’s License Agreement. You must choose to accept the agreement or the installer goes no further. After clicking Next (which is active only if you accept), the installer displays the installation options.

3. Choose iTunes installation options.

• You can turn the following options on or off: (a) Add iTunes and QuickTime Shortcuts to My Desktop and (b) Use iTunes as the Default Player for Audio Files.

4. Choose the language iTunes should use.

• The default language is English (U.S.). If you want to use a different language, select one from the drop-down list.

5. Choose the destination folder for iTunes.

• By default, the installer assumes that you want to store the program in the Program Files folder of your C: drive. If you want to use a different folder, click Change to use Windows Explorer to locate the desired folder.

6. Click Install to finish.

• After you click Install, the installer finishes the installation and displays the Complete dialog box. Click Finish. Restarting your Windows PC after installing software is always a good idea.

If that doesn't work or if any other steps is unclear please let me know, So that we can try some other alternate solution. Thank you

I click on link and box pops up in upper left and I click on save file but nothing happens.

Could you please try it with the different browser like IE.

Went to Chrome browser and it says it will take 45 min to download.

Okay, once it is downloaded please let me know.

Chrome install got an error message too.

I am sorry but in order to reset your iPhone we need to have iTunes installed in your computer.

May I know if you have any other spare computer?

Not here. I'm going home. Don't understand why I cant get it to install.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused you can try to restart your computer and then again try to install if that does not work i will opt out so that any other expert will take this issue and help you on this and they will be able to see the older conversation so there is no need to explain the issue gain.

I have downloaded and installed iTunes but it wants to send me an code and to my cell which I cant get. Do I create a new apple id?
Anyone there?
Hello?
Never mind have to leave office now.

Sorry for the delayed response may I know if you still need assistance?

Aparna, are you in today? I am back in office and hope to get my phone issue solved today. I did download iTunes. Do you think I need to create a new apple id? I give you permission to go on line and see what you can do for me. Thanks! Chris Nissen

Thank you for your response May I know the exact model of your iPhone for example iPhone 8,iPhone 7?

Apple iPhone 6

Okay, Please follow the below steps in order to reset your iPhone:

If you've never synced your iPhone with iTunes, you'll need to use recovery mode to restore your device. This will erase the device and its passcode.

1. Connect your iPhone device to your computer and open iTunes.
  2. While your device is connected, force restart it: On an iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad, or iPod touch: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery-mode screen.
  3. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Restore.
  4. iTunes will download software for your device. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your device will exit recovery mode and you'll need to repeat steps 2 and 3.
  5. Wait for the process to finish. Then you can set up and use your device.

Please follow the steps and let me know if it works for you.

I cant get verification code. It sends it to my phone that I cant open. I have recovery mode screen but it wont give me the option of either restore or update.

Could you please try to close and reopen the iTunes on your computer.

when I close and reopen iTunes it says it can not connect to this phone. I sign in with my apple id and pw and it sends verification code which I cant get. I force restarted my phone again and have the recovery-mode screen but that is as far as I get. The option to Restore or Update never appears.

Could you please click on this link http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=d0d6d4d4-c473-42bd-89c2-15a0f67d983b from your computer so that i can take the remote access of your computer and can work on your issue.

i have tried every possible way to restore your iPhone but it was not working so In this case i can provide you Apple Support number you can contact them by dialing this number 1-***-***-****) or 1-***-***-****.

.