Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I purchased office package for my mac book air; worked well…

I purchased office package...

I purchased office package for my mac book air; worked well but due to laptop reconfiguration i lost it and want to recover it

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your MacBook Air?

OSX El Capitan version 10.11.6

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your MacBook Air? What have you tried so far?

I have been without office for a year and this is my first try to fix it with you

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

That is all i guess

3/15/2018
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

What version of Office were you using?

i do not remember, i purchased that office package some six years ago

It should be Office 2011.

Do you still have the Office 2011 key?

Also, the latest version of Office is Office 2016. Do you want to buy and upgrade to it, which is recommended if you plan to upgrade the OSX?

i do not have the key but i bought it at a mac store in New York city, if you can install it I would agree for you to securely connect and do it
are you there?

We or other people don't have access to your Office's licence key. It is the key provided to you and the Mac store probably don't have it with them since these are personal data. If you don't have it, then you may need to contact Microsoft and see if they can give you the key, if you registered Office. Or you will have to buy the Office 2016 or subscribe to Office 365.

It is better to buy the Office 2016 though, which is also transferable to a new computer if needed.

There are also other non paid Office alternatives out there. You can download and install OpenOffice which is an alternative and non paid Office app. You can download and install it from here --> https://www.openoffice.org/porting/mac/

OpenOffice lets you open and create documents, spreadsheets etc and are compatible with Microsoft Office.

Let me know what you think..

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead of rating, please let me know by replying in here and I will stay with you and try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

can you sell me and remotely install office 2016 now,? cost?

We are tech supporters and we don't sell software. But I can send you the Official Microsoft website which you can buy the Office official and have it registered to your email address. I can also help you install Office 2016 or Office 365

There are mainly two Microsoft Office products, Office 2016 and Office 365

Office 2016 is a licence based (for one device), that is a one time fee for a lifetime licence. I believe it is $145

Another is Office 365, which is subscription based which starts from $7 and can be installed on multiple devies.

Which one do you choose?

i would chose the lifetime office 2016; i will purchase it later as need to go home now. How do we connect again so you can hep me installing it? My email is***@******.***, my phone +1(###) ###-####
thanks much you have been very helpful. Instruct me on how to reach you for the installation please

Add a bookmark of this page or add this page to your favorites, so you can get back to me anytime you want. It is easy to purchase. You can simply go to this website and buy Office for Mac 2016 from there --> https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/b/office

That is the official Microsoft website. Then this will download a file and Microsoft will also . Just open it and follow the onscreen instructions to install. If you face any difficulty, please get back to me and I will walk you through it.

Ashik, Mac Technician
great, have a nice day and tsk again very much

You're most welcome ! And Add a bookmark of this page or add this page to your favorites, so you can get back to me anytime you want.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

If you are satisfied with my service, please rate me as Excellent Service or 5 stars and click Submit at the top. Then only I will get credit for helping you and excellent rating help me here.

Best Regards,