Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Have used turbo tax for years but this year I entered info…

Have used turbo tax for...
Have used turbo tax for years but this year I entered info and want to close while gathering more info and it does not let me. Says cannot save untitled info.
3/15/2018
Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your computer tax preparation question.

Please tell me the exact and full error message about 'untitled info'. Also please tell me the version and type of TurboTax you are using: TurboTax Online? perhaps.

I think you may need to give the saved file a title, not just 'Unknown' or the other default title. E.g. type in the name field,

2017 Tax Return First Draft

or the like.

Let me know how that goes, and I will help you further.

Using turbo tax premier. I bought it. Have tried to edit title to no avail . Title is Herbert Rigg 17. When trying to save the work I have done so far it says cannot save untitled 17

By what process or with what functions do you try to save the file?

As I have done all these years I close turbo tax and then a page comes asking if I want to save. I enter password ***** security question and hit save then is when it says cannot be saved as untitled 17

Are you sure, certain-sure, that your password ***** *****? if it were, I don't think that you'd need to enter a security question too; that doesn't sound quite right, unless that's how it always worked.

How long ago did you buy TurboTax Premier? and what version is it?

Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert