Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I just purchased a new MacBook Air.. I cannot get it setup…

I just purchased a...

I just purchased a new MacBook Air.. I cannot get it setup using Setup Assistent

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your MacBook Air?

MacOS

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your MacBook Air? What have you tried so far?

Just purchased MacBook yesterday. Turned it on, got first screen..language ok, next screen ..country ok, then message re Voiceover...then ?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Am not familiar with VoiceOver process.

3/15/2018
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Voice Over is mainly for sign impaired people. You don't need to choose Voice over. What is your Mac currently showing on the screen now?

Country..United States

Choose it and click Next..Continue with setup and let me know if you get stuck

Clicked US, then return...no response
Clicked on continue...no response

Hold down the Power button for 5-10 seconds and this will turn off the Mac. Turn it back on and then setup. Don't click Voice OVer

Off then back on. First screen, language, next screen, country, clicked US, then return. What next?

Click Next and what happens? Are you hearing any voice?

Voice tells me about Voice over, to click escape to learn. Did not click esc.

Is it not responding when you click the Next or arrow button?

Double click on the languge/country and double click on arrows, next etc and does it allow you to setup?

There is a continue button with an arrow. Clicking on the button brings no response

Press Command and F5 key and this should turn off Voice Over. Then does it allow you to click Next?

Pressed command/f5. Clicked continue...no response

Press the bottom left part of the trackpad (not tap to click, but press it and you will hear click) on the Next button and does it respond?

got new screen, choose keyboard. US banner

Now, you can setup it that way. Make sure you click. Tap to click or touch to click can be enabled once the Mac is setup. Let me know if you get stuck at any screen.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead of rating, please let me know by replying in here and I will stay with you and try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

Were you able to setup the Mac?

Ashik, Mac Technician
Thank you Ashik. Mission accomplished. I will give you a five star rating!

Thank you!