Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I didn’t write my password down and was using touch to get…

Customer Question
I didn’t write my...

I didn’t write my password ***** and was using touch to get it. Now I’m locked out because of a stupid mistake

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Brand new pro pad just setting up

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No not sure what to do

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I noticed wi fit icon is not on

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/15/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 4 months ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me the make and model of the device with the issue?

Please let me know

iPad Pro where do I find the model of this device
I have the serial #

Thanks

And is it asking for a 4-6 digit code to unlock the screen?

It is asking for my password
Oh yes it says enter passcode
Hello are you there

Thanks

Do you have a windows or mac computer available there?

No I’m using my iPad

Ok, we need a computer to reset this password, do you have one there?

Not readily available. Should I call back

yes, please do when you have it as it is needed.

I also have apple support why did I have to pay.

It is a paid service.

I have to use this service to get my answer. I thought I already paid for apple care

correct

Ok my computer is ready. I have an hp
Hello

is itunes installed on the computer?

I am trying to open now

Thanks

You will have to reset the iPad , there is no other way to remove this.

To do the reset

Connect the phone to the computer and open itunes

Hold the power and home button down until you see

"iTunes has detected an iPad in recovery mode..."

Click Restore iPad, let this complete and it should now work

Let me know the results please

Thank you