Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I had a message yesterday that my Ipad was hacked. Please…

Customer Question
I had a message...

I had a message yesterday that my Ipad was hacked. Please verify this.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

I don’t know.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

Just yesterday when I my iPad froze and I had a message to call Apple at a phone number provided.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Inhad program for malware and spyware installed

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/15/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 4 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your ipad. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question."

No, that was certainly a scam. It may still be in your ipad though.

Delete history, cache, and cookies

Double click the Home button and swipe Safari upwards. Go to Settings/Safari and clear History and Website Data. Open Safari and test.

Safari - Clear the history and cookies on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Safari website data on your iPhone or iPad - How to clear

Safari - Stop pop-up ads in

No one knows if you are hacked but you. That scam is very common these days. I left you links to

reset/clear your ipad so it will not be in your ipad still. Keep those links and follow them if you get another one

in the future. As i stated, they are common and embedded in more and more websites lately.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Reply with any and all errors or concerns referring to your technical issue.

Thank you,

~Franklin

Please update so i can close this issue out or continue your troubleshooting.

Thank you,

~Franklin