Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

How do I transfer all data from my ipad2 to a newer ipad.

Customer Question
How do I transfer...

How do I transfer all data from my ipad2 to a newer ipad

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

New or old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

Zero times. I just got the new one yesterday New is 11.2.6

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Oldie 9.3.5

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/15/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Jamie Macko, Computer Engineer replied 4 months ago
Jamie Macko
Jamie Macko, Computer Engineer

Thank you for your question today. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist.

Just as you can with an iPhone, you can use iTunes to back up your old iPad, then restore that backup on your new iPad.

1. Plug your old iPad into your Mac or PC.
  2. Open iTunes.
  3. Click on the iPad icon.

4. Click Back Up Now under Manually Back Up and Restore. Wait for the backup to complete.
  5. Disconnect your old iPad.
  6. Connect your new iPad to the same Mac or PC that you used to back up your old iPad.
  7. Click the iPad icon in iTunes.

8. Click Restore from this backup: if it's not already clicked.
  9. Choose the backup you want to use.

10. Click Continue. iTunes will then restore your iPad from your iTunes backup. This can take awhile.
  11. Tap Continue on your new iPad.

Follow the instructions on your new iPad to finish setting it up.

Please let me know if you have any further questions,or need clarity.

If this helps please rate me 5 stars!

Thanks,
Jamie