Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Attempting to download Alexa app. Will not accept my credit…

Customer Question
Attempting to download Alexa...

Attempting to download Alexa app. Will not accept my credit card , even when submitting photo. Says the number does not match the credit card type.

Technician's Assistant: Which software or app can I help with?

The Alexa app. New echo which I need to synchronize. Need to connect my iPadto new Echo and dot

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your software?

I have my Apple ID and password. That took 2 day. Now I want the app so that I can connect to my new Echo. The Echo is connected to power.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

No, I just want to get started. I can download other apps once I get started.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/15/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 4 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your apple purchase. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question."

Where are you trying to buy the app from? The iTunes store?

Where are you trying to 'add' that credit card? Once you are in your account at apple after logging in; in your settings?

Or are you trying to add the card as you download it?

Using mt I Pad. I go to the App Store. So I guess it is an iTunes Store. I first went into my Apple account, and then I was asked to update my card.
I would be willing for you to securely connect my iPad and Echo. What company do you work for? I had thought I was dealing with Apple directly, and then I was led to Just Amswer, and the request for credit card info, as well as $30. Is the $30 refundable?

IM sorry, i cannot log into a tablet. Only a pc or mac.

Yes, we need to log into your apple account and reset that card there.

Then when you go to your ipad, you will log in with your apple id/password ***** make a purchase.

It may take a bit to 'update', but if there was no error taking out old card and putting in the new one, it should let you purchase.

did you remove old card?

My computer is not working now. I have requested tech support. I will take this up when it is fixed. You did not abonswe my question - what company do you work for. As I said, I thought I was communicating ditprectly with Apple, and then was directed to JustAnswer, with two requests for credit card info, and$$. Makes me suspicious. Is the deposit if $30 refundable?
I did not remove an Apple card. Did not even know there was one.

You can go here to contact apple, but i am not sure why your computer isnt working? That issue was not mentioned in our exchange. We have only talked 'written' and did not connect remotely, so the pc was untouched by us.

https://support.apple.com/contact

No problem. I am a tech, so i cannot see that side of your account.

You can go here for a refund or call customer service if you decide to discontinue.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund-0

customer service:
US / Canada 1-***-***-****
Available 6am to 9pm PST

If you decide that you want to continue after you 'compare' tech support costs/ease of access or feel you need to continue here, just reply with the answers previously asked.

Have a great day!
Franklin