Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

A few hours ago I edited my apple id and removed an expired…

Customer Question
A few hours ago...

A few hours ago I edited my apple id and removed an expired credit card as I don't purchase iTunes or apps. I then tried to login again to verify which devices are listed for me and answered both security questions correctly but the answers weren't accepted. I changed the questions a couple of years ago to things that only I would know and not things that could potentially be found like a school or Mom's maiden name. What can I do now?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update iTunes?

It was probably updated sometime recently on my MB Air running Yosemite but I don't use it

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Mac
3/15/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 1 month ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Did you specify a cell phone number you can also use to process the recovery on?

Please let me know

ok, choose this option instead during the process and have the code sent to it to unlock the account

Let me know please how you go

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok. Send code to this number
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I responded on my phone to send code to that number please

For security reasons you need to do this yourself via my link below

https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

Follow the procedure there please to reset the password ***** have the code sent to the phone

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I've done that twice and it still asks the same security questions and won't accept the correct answers

Thanks

You will need to call 1-***-***-**** and have this done over the phone if you cannot use the online Tool.

I will wait here so please let me know how you go

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I expected that you could make this work but I can call. Is this available 24 hours?
Can you answer a couple of general questions about updating used macs that I've had for a couple years? One I've been using without issues, the other I want to start using,

yes it is but it has to be done over the phone, I have no way to verify who you are here...

Let me know how you go and we can look at your additional questions.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok. I understand that. But my Apple ID is linked to my email. I suppose my ancient iPhone 3GS is as well as I think I updated it a couple of times. Will this be enough to know I'm me?

and your payment details, but please call the number and go through the process

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
like I initially stated, yesterday I removed an expired card as I don't purchase iTunes or apps and didn't add a new one. It seems this started this mess.

yes.. will you be calling the number I gave you to rectify this?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I bought a used MB Air a couple years ago. The company I bought it from had updated it to Yosemite and reinstalled it properly so upon startup, it properly went into setup. But it came with Lion so even though it's updated fine, Yosemite doesn't show as a download and I'm not sure this device is listed in my account. I really don't want to update the OS further as it will render much of what I have useless. What can I do?

ok, I believe this is now a new question you are asking me?

If so, please accept the request for more Q&A time and I can work with you on this new question.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
never mind I've already got to call Apple. I'll ask them.

ok

Mike, Mac Medic