Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Trying to update and a notice comes up verification required…

Customer Question
Trying to update and...

Trying to update and a notice comes up verification required tap continue and sign in to view billing information. But there is no continue on the tab only ok. When OK is touched it disappears and I am back to square one. Please help

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Never did

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/15/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 4 months ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me on which device this issue is occurring?

Please let me know

Thank you

Mini ipad

Thanks

Can you hold the home and power buttons on the iPad until you see the apple logo then release.

Let the iPad restart and tell me how it then functions please

thank you

Still same problem cannot update.

Thanks

To resolve this you need to sync your iPad to any laptop or computer via iTunes, then once it's all loaded, click the 'store' button at the top of the iTunes screen. Then click on 'View my account (Your email is here).

You do this, and then type in your itunes password.
This takes you to a screen which says with lots of options to review your account. The one you want is 'purchase history'.

It will tell you what you've purchased etc, and how much they cost. In red it says something about you owe a balance or something, anyway, there should be a box saying that you agree to it or something, and you might need to go to the option on the screen after you've put in your password ***** says edit payment information.

This will then resolve it

Let me know please how you go

Thank you

I will go into our local istore thanks

You are referring to a service the website offers, which being optional, can be ignored if you do not wish to use it.

Please ignore it and reply here to my last instructions I sent you please to resolve this