Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have created a table in a Quark 10.3.1 layout. When I

I have created a...

I have created a table in a Quark 10.3.1 layout. When I attempt to insert a new row, it comes in with the two far right columns lacking the line that divides the parent row from the new row, Is there a way to correct this, or add in the missing line.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Sorry, I'm running a MacBookPro with OS 10.10.5

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

Tonight is the first time I have had this problem. I have created tables and inserted rows without problem in the past.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Is there a charge for the Expert's advice, and how much?

It is midnight where I live and I have to get some sleep so I am going to shut down. If the expert comes up with an answer to my problem, I assume they will e-mail me. I will sign on to my email and JustAnswer tomorrow to see if there are any messages for me. I haven't agreed to any payments so far, except of the $5 trial fee. I hope I'm not going to be expected to pay a huge bill without giving prior authorization. Customer
3/15/2018
Pete, Computer Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

1. Click in a cell to the right or left of where you want to add a column.
  2. Choose Table > Insert > Row or Table > Insert > Column.

If the line between the row is missing then you can draw it in manually.

--------------------

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------

Pete, Computer Engineer
Hi Pete, Thank you for your advice. I was sceptical at first but I found that the columns I added had the proper division line so they were separated into rows appropriately. I cut and pasted the column headers I had in the two defective columns, and then deleted the two extra columns (that didn't have the proper row division line). It was a bit of a work around but it worked. Thanks very much!