Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I am unable to get my apple ID. The account is wrong as is…

Customer Question
I am unable to...

I am unable to get my apple ID. The account is wrong as is the password. My daughter did it some years ago and no record was kept of it

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Believe it was installed in 2014 when we purchased itunes

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I have tried a few things. I dont know about reset tool

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Dont think so

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/15/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Eric Ewing, IT Pro replied 4 months ago
Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro

Hi! I'm Eric, a Mac expert who's been paired with you through JustAnswer.com. I'm reviewing your question now, and will return w/ an answer soon!

Good evening! It is possible to recover your Apple ID and reset the password, but you would need to know the ID itself. Typically, it would be your email address.

To recover your account and reset the password, please open a web browser on your computer and navigate to: iforgot.apple.com

Where prompted, enter your Apple ID (which is probably your email address). You will also need to enter some text to prove you are not a robot. (Tip: if you can't read the text, just keep clicking until you can.)

The next step will depend on the type of security you have set up for your Apple account. If you have set up two-step verification or two-factor authentication this will involve receiving details via another device.

If you haven't set up either of these extra levels of security it will be a case of getting an email or answering some security questions.

Hope that helps! If you need additional assistance, please let us know :-)

Hello! Just quickly checking back in to make sure your issue is now resolved? When you have the chance, would you kindly let me know? Thanks so much for using JustAnswer.com!

Still messing around back and forth. Didn't know answers to security questions!