Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

While setting up IPad I forgot the security code that was…

Customer Question
While setting up IPad...

While setting up IPad I forgot the security code that was used.Nothing has been downloaded at this point

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I purchased it today. I have the password ***** not the 4 diget code that I put in.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No i did not

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/15/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech replied 4 months ago
Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech

I'm sorry about the issue. Is it called the (4-digit) passcode? Do you mean you are not able to open any app nor anything on your iPad? If so, please try the following fix:

1. Open the iTunes program on a Windows or Mac computer computer. If needed, download and install the latest iTunes software at the Apple website below on the computer first:
    www.apple.com/itunes/download/
  2. Connect the iPad to your computer with the iPad's USB cable.
  3. On the iPad, press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.
  4. After 10 or 11 seconds, release the Power button, but continue holding the Home button (for about another 10 seconds) until the iTunes program shows that it has detected an iPad in recovery mode.
  5. Click Restore and confirm / continue.
    ; Note: You can click on the small circle icon or the small down arrow icon at the upper right corner in the iTunes program in order to see the download progress.

; Note: The steps must be done correctly; you may have to try a couple of times.

- If needed, please watch video instructions at the website below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6FSHAp6fvk

- Do you have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac computer?
Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.

How is it going? What's the make / model of your computer, if any?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.