Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Every time I go to messages on my iPad an IMessage comes up…

Customer Question
Every time I go...

Every time I go to messages on my iPad an IMessage comes up asking me to sign in. I have reset my password ***** it still won't let me into my messages, same message keeps poping up. I can get my messages on my phone with no problem. What am I doing wrong?? I'm very frustrated, even when to apple store yesterday and they said they can't help with passwords.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

About 5 minutes ago -

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Now you'll have to tell me how to do that?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/15/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 4 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

Thx

OK before we even worry about messages, have you already tried to sign out of your ipad in settings and then choosing your name at the top of the settings list?

Just thinking to try and sign out of your ipad and sign back in with your apple id and password

Please ignore any offers for remote assist as those are automated and not sent by me personally. Plus, in this case we can not remote into mobile devices anyways so we can chat through these messages instead.

Do you want me to turn off my iPad

no not turn off but sign out of your apple id account on your ipad unless your not even signed in.

I'm confused to how do I do that

ok first on your ipad choose the settings app icon

then do you see your name at the top of the settings list?

now i see it, do i click on

Yes click on it and then see if there is a sign out option.

went under general and found cathy's iPad
No sign out option

no you don't need to go into general. Right after you open settings what is the very first option you see at the top of the list?

airplane mode

ok right above that

Settings -
I think I go to icloud and sign out - should I do that

Yes I was just going to say it sounds like you have an older version of iOS so yes sign out of icloud

OK I'm signed out now

OK go ahead and sign back in and then you can try and open the messages app that was giving you problems and see what happens. Let me know.

Didn't work -

Were you able to sign back in ok but it was the messages icon that still doesn't work correct?

That's correct - and that is the only app that I'm having trouble with
I can not get to my messages on my iPad -

OK try going back to settings and then "messages" and then turn off messages and then turn back on and see what happens when you try and open messages again.

how do I do that?
When I click messages on the left, it says iMessage on the right side
  1. Go back to the settings app icon
  2. Then choose messages in the list

nevermind scratch that

Try a force restart by doing the following:

Press and hold both the Home and the Top button for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

How do I do that? Don't see that option

The home button is located at the bottom of the ipad the only button below the actual screen. Then you should have a button on the top of the ipad. Hold these in for 10 sec until you see the apple logo.

OK - powering up
Didn't work - and I'm tired so going to quit now. I'ts been an hour

OK let me know when you are ready to continue so we can try some other things.