Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I am unable to download Chrome on my iMac. It has IOS

Customer Question
I am unable to...

I am unable to download Chrome on my iMac. It has IOS 10.13.3.

Technician's Assistant: What version of iOS are you running on your iMac?

IOS High Sierra v. 10.13.3

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iMac? What have you tried so far?

I have been trying for 2 hours and cannot get it to work

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I know of. I have gmail and google play installed and had no problems with those.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/15/2018
Mac Support Specialist: GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to assist you. Are you trying to download Google Chrome for your Mac?

Please note: You may see offers for ADDITIONAL SERVICES that are automatically generated by the website. They are completely optional. Please feel free to ignore them.

Please try downloading it from this link:

https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/desktop/index.html

1. Open the file called 'googlechrome.dmg'.
  2. In the window that opens, find Chrome .
  3. Drag Chrome to the Applications folder.
    • You might be asked to enter the admin password.
    • If you don't know the admin password, drag Chrome to a place on your computer where you can make edits, like your desktop.
  4. Open Chrome.
  5. Open Finder.
  6. In the sidebar, to the right of Google Chrome, click Eject .

Please give this a try and let me know the results. If you have any problems with any of the steps or need clarification, just let me know. If for any reason this doesn't work for you, please tell me so I can provide additional help. I am committed to working with you until the problem is fully resolved. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!