Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My mac is asking for keychain password.... i don’t know,

Customer Question
My mac is asking...

My mac is asking for keychain password.... i don’t know, can’t get i to my computer

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Last week

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No... don’t know what that is

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

That should be it

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
hello?
3/15/2018
Mac Support Specialist: syseng, Systems Engineer replied 4 months ago
syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

Go to your Apple ID account page at the link below and click "Forgot Apple ID or password." If asked to confirm your phone number, use steps for two-factor authentication instead.

https://appleid.apple.com/#!&page=signin

Enter your Apple ID.

Select the option to reset your password, then choose Continue and follow the rest of the steps as prompted.

Please let me know the result and if you need further assistance.

i was under the impression when i joined this website that someone was standing by to help me right away. That wasn't the case. In the hours it took to get a response the problem was solved and i didn't need this website after all

In most cases that is true - however there are times when delays will occur depending upon the number of experts available.

Anyway, thanks for letting me know and glad the issue is resolved.

Best regards,

David.