Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My wife is in Ontario with my Ipad and I have her Ipad Mini…

My wife is in...

My wife is in Ontario with my Ipad and I have her Ipad Mini here. I changed
the apple Id on her ipad to my name and can't get it changed back to her name so we can facetime or send messages.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I logged in maybe an hour ago and entered my apple id as***@******.***, changed password ***** send a message from the ipad mini to myself and got it. I need to change it to***@******.*** with a new password.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Yes i can't get to appleid.apple.com as it says it's not available.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No not really

3/15/2018
Sheri
Sheri, Mac Support Specialist

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue. On the ipad, click on setting. In the next screen that opens, click on the circle where the name and Apple ID is listed in the left column. Then, in the right column, at the bottom, click log out. Then you can log in under the other Apple ID

Please reply and let me know if that works for you or if you have any questions. Then we can go to the next step if needed.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Apple Id is not listed there.
did you get my reply???

yes, I am checking into this for you. I will reply momentarily. Do you know what ios you have on it?

You may also go to settings-icloud and sign out there. Please reply and let me know if that works for you or if you have any questions. Then we can go to the next step if needed.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

what is IOS???

It is the name of Apple operating system on mobile devices. Try the other solution i provided.

Here it is again:

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

the setting on Icloud worked now I have and is says enter the apple id password ***** "*****@******.*** to turn off my ipad

try entering the other id

Where?

Try entering her password ***** turn off then see if you can sign into itunes or icloud after

It looks like that worked as now if have***@******.*** as Apple id, under that it has Password ***** then it has Music, Apps, Books and Audiobooks and updates underneath each other

Ok, great, so are you all set?

no when I go to message and try to send to***@******.***, I get it right back???

Go to the first screen I sent you to and see if it shows an Apple ID

No, when I go to Facetime it shows Apple Id: franksullivan etc and below it says "you can be reached by facetime at franksullivan etc??

ok, standby, I will grab an ipad and see if I can see the same.

Try this: Go to settings-facetime, on right click on apple id and you can change it there.

Correction, go to settings, facetime, click on apple id and you can change it there or sign out.

ok, now under facetime it say Apple id:***@******.*** and down below it says you can be reached by facetime at "*****@******.***. When I click on messages now it says Send & Receive ***@******.*** so it should be good to go now eh???

Yes, it sounds like it is ready to go. Let me know if it works ok.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

I am glad we got it straightened out. Please feel free to request me in the future if you ever need assistance. Please don't forget to accept my answer and rate me if you are satisfied with my response.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Sheri
Sheri, Mac Support Specialist
I thank you very much and I will gladly fill our the questions.Good Night

You are very welcome! Have a good night!