Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Problems resetting password. When I type in my birthday I…

Problems resetting password....

Problems resetting password. When I type in my birthday I get an error response and cannot continue.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Over 2 years ago

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No. How do I do that?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

The ID mailbox is no longer operational. Would this make a difference

3/14/2018
Aparna Indresh
Aparna Indresh, Mac Enthusiast

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

May I know for which account you want to reset the password?

My husband's account ID***@******.***
Phone disabled for past 4 days because we cannot reset the password.
Note: ID using a mailbox that no longer in use
After you correct the problem remotely, will our Apple ID and password ***** changed by you or
do we change it ourselves? Will you walk us thru the necessary steps to do that?

Okay, so you are unable to reset the password ***** your Apple Id am I correct?

Unable to reset password ***** husband's Apple ID.

Okay, Let me check for the password ***** options from my side.

Choose from the options below to reset the password ********@******.***

1.Get an email

We will send instructions to your email address ending in h•••••.com

2.Answer security questions

Answer the question(s) you chose when you created your Apple ID.

Please let me know which option you want to select.

Because the h....com is no longer in service we chose to answer security questions. We have the answers. However, when it asked for husband's birthdate which I typed in, the response was not accepted as an "error."

Okay, Please provide me the birthday date?

July 9, 1949

What was the model of your first car?

What is the name of the street where you grew up?

Toyota Corolla
9th Avenue

Okay, Could you please provide me the password ***** you want to keep for this Apple ID so that i can reset your password?

shaveice4U

Choose a password ***** haven't used in the past year.

Appleid808

Your Apple ID password ********@******.*** has been changed. Sign in to your Apple ID account page now to review your account information.

Go to Your Account

Husband's phone activated. Wonderful!! You are wonderfull!! Will give you the highest rating possible.
Thank you very much!
Faye

That's really great If you have any follow-up questions, don’t hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to give me a 5-star rating. See you again soon!

Aparna Indresh
Aparna Indresh, Mac Enthusiast
One question--is security/personal info given to you secured? Should I change anything on the Apple settings for security purposes?

It is secured.

Thank you again, Aparna!

Thank you for your time.