Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I got a call from 18006947466 that my computer had been

Customer Question
My name is Lawrence...

My name is Lawrence ******, I got a call from***********that my computer had been hacked. the call was from apple. is that on the level my phone # is(###) ###-####

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?

Apple i5 os?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your smartphone? What have you tried so far?

2weeks . I was told to get on the computer. iwas told my debit bank card was in danger of being used by these hackers

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes i thank I got S----- out of 500.00 $

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/14/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Chris L., Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you.

This is absolutely a scam, it is very well known and we see this type of tech support scam often. No legitimate company would ever contact you this way. Your computer does not report its status to anyone. Usually what will happen is once you are in contact with them they will lie to you about issues that your computer does not have such as it is being hacked or has viruses. They will then attempt to charge you many hundreds of dollars to fix the fake issues. Since the damage has been done already what I suggest you do is call your bank or credit card company right away and alert to what has happened. The bank can cancel the card and get you a new and possibly get your money back. Just let them know what happened. Apple would never call you like this and I am sure your bank will be familiar with this scam so hopefully you can get your money back. This is absolutely a scam, it is very well known and we see this type of tech support scam often. No legitimate company would ever contact you this way. Your computer does not report its status to anyone. Usually what will happen is once you are in contact with them they will lie to you about issues that your computer does not have such as it is being hacked or has viruses. They will then attempt to charge you many hundreds of dollars to fix the fake issues.