Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

There was a pop up number on my iPad telling me to call iPad…

There was a pop...

There was a pop up number on my iPad telling me to call iPad immediately that three was a virus detected on my device. I called but they seem shady

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

The number is1-***-***-****

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Do you have people call you

3/14/2018
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question about fruad. I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

It was in Safari?

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

No. I clicked on something on Pinterest and the pop up came up with that phone number to call saying it was apple and to call immediately because a virus was detected

Close the app out. It was just a browser window of some scammer. It doesn't mean anything.

Do you normally put up phone numbers with prompts to call.

Apple does not ever. This is Justanswer though...

Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius
They got me on the phone and got me to give them the serial number of my devise.

Ignore all that. It is not real. It is scammer. A fake. A no good dirtbag that cannot actually do anything to you.

just close out of Pinterest and delete the app and download it again. Do you know how to delete an app?

He kept me on the line wanting me to hop get an I tunes card. That is why I contacted you. He said my iPad had been hacked. Can he hack it with my serial No
I do

No. Ignore that jerk.

Am I in danger of being hacked after calling? I can change all of my passwords

Did you give anyone your passwords?

No but I gave him the serial number of my ipad

That doesn't mean anything for anyone except Apple. So then no you are good and don't let jerks like that try to extort money out of you.

Thanks. If i see anything like that again I know what to do

Sounds good! Have a lovely day!

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!