Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have received two phone calls stating that my apple

Customer Question
I have received two...

I have received two phone calls stating that my apple account has been compromised. I have an Iphone and and an Itunes account which I have never used. I listened to the message, but did not respond in any way. Was this a scam?

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot on your iPhone (pressing and holding the Home and Sleep/Wake buttons for 10 seconds)?

No, I live in a dead zone in which I do not get cell phone service. I would have to get in my car and drive a few miles to get service!

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No. Can you tell me if there are scams going on involving Apple accounts and how worried I should be about these phone calls

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/14/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 4 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question about fraud. I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Apple will never call you about those things. Those are scam calls.

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

I am at home, and I live in a dead zone. I get no cell phone service here, so I don't think the secure remote assistance option would work for me right now. Thank you for your help.