Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I HAVE AN I PAD THAT I HAVAEN'T USED FOR A WHILE. CAN'T

Customer Question
I HAVE AN I...

I HAVE AN I PAD THAT I HAVAEN'T USED FOR A WHILE. CAN'T REMMEBER THE PASSWORD ***** THE SIGNON BUT I NO LONGER HAVE THAT SERVICE, SO I NEED THE IPAD RESET TO I CAN USE MY NEW SIGNON ***@******.*** INSTEAD OF***@******.***

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I HAVE A NEW ID AND PASSWORD ***** ITUNES. THAT OLD SIGNON IS AT LEAST 4 OR 5 YEARS OLD.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

YET: BUT IF THEY SENT ME EMAIL I WOUNDLT =GET IT BECAISE PF CHANGING SERVERS.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mac
3/14/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Josh, Mac Support replied 5 months ago
Josh, Mac Support

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

The only way to bypass the lock screen is to perform a factory reset on the iPad..

From a computer, go to icloud.com/find.

If prompted, sign in with your Apple ID

Click All Devices at the top of your browser window.

Select the device you want to erase.

Click Erase [device] to erase your device and its passcode.

Now you can restore from backup