Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Cannot open computer after update. Password, or what I

Cannot open computer after...

Cannot open computer after update. Password, or what I remember as password ***** ***** working. How can I get past this to open my computer.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I am not sure. Within last three months or so

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No. How does that work

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No. Thanks so much for your help

3/14/2018
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question about Password. I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Does it ask for Apple ID and Password?

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius
I cannot open my computer at the opening screen with my picture. Computer shut down will not reopen with what I thought was my password

When you restart holding the option key what happens?

Nothing

Ok. That is just not true. Try it again and make sure you do it fast enough. You have to have it start. If it does not present you with a menu then you have done it wrong.

Asks for my name and password ***** another screen but my password ***** ***** working. How can I get a new password
Maybe I changed my password ***** forgot to write it down . What I thought was my password ***** ***** working

No you should have a menu with options to start the computer with. Try again

I must be doing it wrong. When I hit options it just takes me to the name password *****
When I hit restart and option it just comes up and tells me I must enter a valid user name. I have my name typed in correctly

restart the computer. As it is restarting before the apple logo hold the the option key on the keyboard.

I can’t restart it it is already logged off. I cannot get in the opening screen of my computer with what I thought was my password

It takes me to the screen asking me for my name and password

That is not how it works. Do this link.

I cannot get my computer open so I do not have access to the pull down bar. I cannot get past my wrong password. My computer is locked because I cannot remember my changed password. How can I get past the password ***** so my computer will open?

I am trying to get you there, but you have not followed any of my guidance

My computer is locked. How can I change my password? Can I change it from my iPad?

Do this link.

You did not send the link
I do not have a pull down menu because my computer will not let me in. I am on the login screen. It is not letting me logon with my password. I cannot get past the logon screen

Restart with the power button.

I will get an appointment with at the Apple Store.

Ok