Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have asked for recovery for my Apple IPad. The message…

Customer Question
I have asked for...

I have asked for recovery for my Apple IPad. The message indicated that I could get information on the status of the recovery at this address

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

II will have to close and go to settings. It is the original OS with updates from time of purchase in 2014

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

Since late November when I went to use Face Time. Rather than automatic access it asked for Apple ID and password.password ***** not accepted. I spent approximately 2hours with Apple tech and his supervisor. They could not solve the problem. I was away for 3 months so didn't get back to the problem.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I went to the Apple Store recently and they indicated recovery was needed. The message from Apple said I would get a phone call about status of process. I haven't received a call.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/14/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 4 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question about Apple ID. I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

What are all the things you have done to try and recover your password? I only ask to make sure you are not having to overlap steps again that you have already done.

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

I have been on the phone with Apple tech and the supervisor trying to reset password ***** mine was refused. They could not solve the problem. I visited Apple Store. They said recovery needed as they couldn't fix. I have made multiple efforts going through process to fix. Today I was informed Apple was going to do recovery. I am looking for an update of the status of that process since I did not receive the phone call indicated.

Please dial ‭1-(866)(###) ###-#### and select option 1. Let them know a former Mac Genius sent you. They will be able to help you reset your password. When finished messages me back, ok?

According to Apple"s response the recovery is already in process. I just wanted to know status of the recovery.

In process. That is the status. They will let you know when there is more information.