Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have an Apple Mac Mini where I need to reload the

Customer Question
operating system. What is the...
I have an Apple Mac Mini where I need to reload the operating system. What is the best way to do that?
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Mac
3/14/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 1 month ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com! I am Justin. I am sorry for the length of time you have been waiting. With that in mind are you still in need of assistance?

What operating system did you have on it?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I believe it was OSX
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It was some version of the Apple OS

OSX has 13 versions, which one?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have no idea. I know that I have the RTU Right To Use the latest and greatest without any additional fee

That doesn't matter one bit. macOS is free for everyone who owns a Mac. The OS version is going to be a part of the guide. Installing if it is newer is just by booting into recovery hold CMD + R. Simple as that. Then go through the instructions on the screen.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The Mac Mini got hosed in the middle of an upgrade.

The amount of ram does not matter. Also you do know that top image just shows me it a mac mini made in the last 7 years...

Installing if it is newer is just by booting into recovery hold CMD + R.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Always good to know what until I have

Reinstall Instructions

1. Turn on or restart your Mac, then immediately hold Command (⌘)-R

2. Release the keys when you see the Apple logo or a spinning globe.

3. When you see the macOS Utilities window, click Reinstall macOS.

exactly

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I hit return and it won’t start. And the mouse isn’t working

Did you click reinstall?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The return key didn’t start it

No one said it would. Did you follow the reinstall guide?

Reinstall Instructions

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I used the down arrow to get to the REINSTALL MACOS then I hit RETURN. And nothing happens

Click on it then

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The mouse is not working

do you have another?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I just ordered a wired mouse from Amazon. We may have to wait until it arrives.

Ok

Mike, Mac Medic