Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I received a message that my Apple ID had been disabled. I…

I received a message...

I received a message that my Apple ID had been disabled

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

I have an IPad and Iphonex

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

I got the message yesterday and it’s asking for my personal information including my social security number

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I don’t think so Thank you

3/14/2018
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

That is a SCAM message as there are many SCAMs out there like this. DO NOT do anything mentioned in that message. Always ignore this kind of messages asking for the personal info especially credit card and SS number.

Since you got the message, you should immediately change your Apple ID password. You can change it from the official site, here --> https://iforgot.apple.com/

You should also enable the Apple's two step verification security measure. This will protect your Apple ID from hacking. Refer this article --> https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT204915

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead of rating, please let me know by replying in here and I will stay with you and try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

I think I have it fixed thanks to your help

You're most welcome !

If you are satisfied with my service, please rate me as Excellent Service or 5 stars and click Submit at the top. Then only I will get credit for helping you and excellent rating help me here.

Best Regards,

Ashik, Mac Technician