Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Using Windows on a Macb Pro. GeChic periph screen works on…

Using Windows on a...

Using Windows on a Macb Pro. GeChic periph screen works on the iOS system but not on the Windows system. This was not always the case. Screen is about 2 yrs old and it worked fine on windows for about a year. I have re-checked and as of yesterday the screen works fine on iOS but not on Windows, which I need for the presentation I am to make.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the version of iOS?

MacB Pro. Latest iOS, but I don't recall the number. I keep it updated.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

I tried re-connecting the wires. Online sugggested that I be sure power was connected before connecting the HDMI. Done. As I said, I have booted up the iOS system and the peripheral screen made by GeChic works fine from that system.

3/14/2018
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question about Windows on a Mac. I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

What seems to be the issue?

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

Using Windows on Macbook pro. GeChic peripheral screen is attached via the HDMI port. No signal message on peripheral screen. I switched to iOS and the GeChic works perfectly. I have used this screen on Windows in the past, probably last time about 6 mo ago, and no problem getting it to work on windows. I disconnected the HDMI and re-attached the power cord first, then after the light came on for the power I attached the HDMI but not success. I need to be able to use via Windows.

Did you use it with windows on this computer before?

Have their been updates since the last time you used it?

Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius
There are updates of something every time I boot up. I try to keep everything updated, including iOS which I only updated yesterday. I think Windows updated on this computer yesterday as well. It is automatic.
Are we still connected?
what do you consider a reasonable wait time?
what do i do next?
You can call me at(###) ###-####