Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I updated to IPhone 8 but keep on getting the message that…

Customer Question
Hi. I updated to...

Hi. I updated to IPhone 8 but keep on getting the message that it is trying to activate my phone. I want to use Facetime and IMessage. I have tried everything. If I want to switch on use this device I get a message that I have to be signed in to I cloud with both Facetime and IMessage.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I tried that as well. Changed it about a month ago

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Just that it worked fine with my 6S.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/14/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 4 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question about iPhone 8. I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Are you able to sign in to appleid.apple.com ?

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

Lets just see if you can assist. If not we can do the secure connect

ok signed in

Now sign out of iMessage on all devices and back in again.

I am in Setting - IMessage on my phone. Where do I sign out or is it on my overall account?
ok.... think i am signed out and I have switched Find my Phone off as well

Settings iMessage tap on your account and then tap sign out.

Signed out of I Cloud.

No. Sign out of imessage, not icloud.

Are we stuck here?? I am still signed in to Manage your Apple ID in my browser on my Mac

You are trying to get iMessage to work, correct?

both I Message and Facetime.

Sign out of them all once signed out sign in.

ok I signed back in and got the OTP which I also entered but it still says "waiting for activation"

Ok.

Please dial ‭(866)(###) ###-#### and select option 1. Let them know a former Mac Genius sent you. When finished messages me back, ok?

Are we finish now?

Did you make the call?

I am in South Africa. Is that the correct code to dial? Call Failed.

The whole number is *****

Justin - we are going nowhere here. I cannot make that call and not sure why I need to do that. My problem is not solved. Will the credit be reversed?
The instruction you are giving is based on the assumption that the client is just au fe with IoS as you are. It is short and not fully understood. Gosh do I have a Facetime, I Message, Mac, Apple Id, Cloud id Keychain etc etc etc. It is really easy to get lost. I am not convinced that if I pay more money to get a remote session that the problem will be solved.