Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Its my iPad for the tv, out of nowhere it wants me to set it…

Customer Question
Its my iPad for...

Its my iPad for the tv , out of nowhere it wants me to set it up again but every password ***** apple ID i put in does not work . It is an activation lock .

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

A month or so ago but what i don't understand is that it is giving me part of my id apple that is not my normal one , which makes me think the mechanic put it in

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No , but i think this iPad is set up just for the tv as I do not get messages on it

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/14/2018
Mac Support Specialist: syseng, Systems Engineer replied 4 months ago
syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

Go to your Apple ID account page at the link below and click "Forgot Apple ID or password." If asked to confirm your phone number, use steps for two-factor authentication instead.

https://appleid.apple.com/#!&page=signin

Enter your Apple ID.

Select the option to reset your password, then choose Continue and follow the rest of the steps as prompted.

Once your password ***** ***** your Apple ID should work.

Please let me know the result and if you need further assistance.