Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Had a security breach. called Apple they wanted 4695.00 to…

Customer Question
Had a security breach...

Had a security breach. called Apple they wanted 4695.00 to fix problem. need to make sure that is corrtect

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Sorry $695

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Apple device? What have you tried so far?

Just started tonight. he said it was 87% breached and it could crash any minute. I already bought a security package in December 2017

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/14/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 4 months ago
Moses C
Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer.com, this is a preminum/paid service, thank you for utilizing our service.
I am sorry to hear that you are facing such trouble.
I will be the expert in assisting with the issue you are having.

Okay what are we going to do

Apple or Microsoft do not send unsolicited email messages or make unsolicited phone calls to request personal or financial information or fix your computer. Treat all unsolicited phone calls or pop-ups with skepticism. Do not provide any personal information.

These fake pop-ups are nothing more than a scam, and you should not give away your username and password ***** any account recovery codes and do not purchase anything from numbers listed in these alerts.

Whatever you do, please do not call the phone number for support because it is not Apple or Microsoft’s but rather a group of scammers waiting to rob you of hundreds of dollars under false pretenses.

The fake Tech Support pages are usually malicious websites which are used by cyber criminals to promote their remote support services. These Tech Support pop-ups will state that you computer is infected and that you need to call their paid support service to remove the infection. This is a bogus claim, and an attempt to make you pay for their fake system updates, malware and virus removal “services.”

you can download and run few of the protection tools like anti malware and anti browser hijack free tools from google search and run them on the computer to make sure it absolutely clean.

It was just like the last time only I called Apple the last time. He did all of the things you guys did in the past

Apple computers dont get infected as its platform is linux based. These are fake popups you can simple close them.

Please take a moment to click on the stars located on the top of this chat page to rate my service.
You may click on the response/reply button to continue if you need anymore assistance.
Thank you for your interest in Just Answer.