Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

It asks for my Apple password, and I can’t figure out if I…

Customer Question
It asks for my...

It asks for my Apple password, and I can’t figure out if I had one. My email does not work, and I think this may be the reason. How do I fix this?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I don’t remember having one, I have a passcode (numbers) and fingerprint I d.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No, where do I find this?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No, I don’t think so. Thanks for your help,

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
My email has quit working so if this answer does not show up, I’ll try to get back here.
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/14/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Eric Ewing, IT Pro replied 4 months ago
Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro

Hi! I'm Eric, a Mac expert who's been paired with you through JustAnswer.com. I'm reviewing your question now, and will return w/ an answer soon!

Good evening! You do have a password ***** your Apple account (it's required), but it's easy to forget especially what with normally using the PIN, fingerprint scanner, etc.

To recover your account and reset the password, please open a web browser on your computer and navigate to: iforgot.apple.com

Where prompted, enter your Apple ID (which is probably your email address). You will also need to enter some text to prove you are not a robot. (Tip: if you can't read the text, just keep clicking until you can.)

The next step will depend on the type of security you have set up for your Apple account. If you have set up two-step verification or two-factor authentication this will involve receiving details via another device.

If you haven't set up either of these extra levels of security it will be a case of getting an email or answering some security questions.

Hope that helps! If you need additional assistance, please let us know :-)

Hello! Just quickly checking back in to make sure your issue is now resolved? When you have the chance, would you kindly let me know? Thanks so much for using JustAnswer.com!