Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Activation locked. My wife bought it from someone for my…

Activation locked Technician's Assistant:...

Activation locked

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

My wife bought it from someone for my daughter for her bday

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No I tried iTunes reset

3/14/2018
FRAN
FRAN, Mac Support Specialist
Hi my name is***** to JA
It sounds like the find my IPhone wasn’t turned off when the phone was reset.
No, how do I completely reset the phone and get it off?
When resetting a iPhone the find my phone feature must be turned off before the reset.
Have you hook it to ITunes and don’t the recovery mode function
if I connect and you troubleshoot the phone for me, will it be like it was brand new? And I have already connected to iTunes and done the whole reset and it goes to the activation screen when its done.
Did you put it into recovery mode? Hold the power and home buttons down at the same time. Then it will be in recover.
No I can’t connect to the iPhone. I can only remote into computer
I have already put it into recovery mode.
Is there any possible way that I can reset it if it is in Activation Lock? If so, how?
No . The activation lock is on because the person that sold it to you did not turn the find iPhone off before the restored it
Let me see if there is a solution. Hold please
Find My iPhone includes Activation Lock—a feature that's designed to prevent anyone else from using your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Apple Watch if it's ever lost or stolen. Activation Lock is enabled automatically when you turn on Find My iPhone. ... When you turn on Find My iPhone ...
I’ll be right back
Ok you will need to contact the previous and have them remove it from there Apple account
It is still link to there account. So they need to go into the iCloud account and remove it.
He will not answer my messages or calls, so I guess there is nothing we can do.
Oh dang. Not good. You maybe able to call Apple give them the the I M E number they maybe able contact him. Unless it was a stolen iPhone he sold you
I called Apple like 2 days ago and told them what happened and they said ffghere was nothing they could do.
there*
sorry. Did you buy it off eBay?
No, we bought it off of OfferUp.
I see. Well I hope the seller contacts you. If it was legit sale . They probably don’t know that it needs to be removed from there account.
He thought it was only passcode locked so we connected to iTunes to unlock it and got the passcode off then it said it was activation locked. Thanks
Anything else I can help you with? If not please rate my service 5 if your satisfied with my service. At the top of this pages. Thanks
Could you tell me how much I got charged for that?
I don’t see the price on my end. You should have the email. Or seen the charges on the screen. Sorry I’m only the tech. Don’t work with billing or pricing
Okay, thanks.
Ok have a good night.
FRAN
FRAN, Mac Support Specialist
Thanks, ***** *****