Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My ringer and tone alerts are not sounding. I’m missing lots…

Customer Question
My ringer and tone...

My ringer and tone alerts are not sounding. I’m missing lots of calls & messages. I’ve gone to Settings and then Sounds and pushed all the right buttons but still no ring or tone.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

iPhone 6plus. Latest OS because of updates.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

Several weeks now. I have several health issues & i’m Missing calls from doctors. I’ve tried turning the volume up, making sure the Settings are right.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No, just need my sounds back.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mac
3/14/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Vinod Menon, Support Specialist replied 5 months ago
Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Hi
Sorry to hear about your issue:(
The first thing I would check is the mute switch. There is a mute switch to the side of the phone above the volume buttons. Make sure it is NOT pushed down.
Let me know if that resolves your issue.
Thank you
Vinod