Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My grandson has disabled his ipad can I fix it. I have no…

Customer Question
My grandson has disabled...

My grandson has disabled his ipad can I fix it

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

I have no idea it is ipad mini a couple of years old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

It occurred last week he went to turn it on and it came up with disabled it won't let you do anything

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No thankyou

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/14/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Karthik, Mac Enthusiast replied 4 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Mac Enthusiast

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Do you have any backup of your grandson's iPad in iCloud or Computer? The reason why I am asking is we can go ahead and try doing reset on the iPad which will erase all the data and the passcode. If you have a backup, we can restore the data and contact back to your grandson's iPad .

no I haven't I tried to do a back up this morning but because the pad is disabled it wouldn't let me
no

Do you have any computer like Windows 10/8/7 or Mac OSx?

I have windows 10

Do you have an access to the apple account which is registered to your grandson iPad?

No. don't worry now I have to go out thankyou for your time

Please let me know when you are back.