Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My MacBook Pro trackpad isn’t operating well. 10.13.3.

Customer Question
My MacBook Pro trackpad...

My MacBook Pro trackpad isn’t operating well

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your MacBook Pro?

10.13.3

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your MacBook Pro?

Restarting + holding down shift, option, command , power

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I hear a whirring, as if my drive is running wild

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/14/2018
Mac Support Specialist: syseng, Systems Engineer replied 4 months ago
syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

The issue you describe can be due to power option issues. There are a couple procedures that may resolve the issue.

First, perform an SMC reset by doing the following:

Shut down the Macbook.
Press Shift-Control-Option on the left side of the built-in keyboard and press the power button at the same time. Hold these keys and the power button for 10 seconds.
Note that if you have a MacBook Pro with Touch ID, the Touch ID button is also the power button.
After pressing the keys together for 10 seconds, release all keys.
Press the power button again to turn on your Macbook and test to see if the issue is resolved.

If that does not resolve the issue, an NVRAM/PRAM reset may resolve the issue.

Power down the computer then press and hold the Option, Command, P and R keys at the same time while powering up and release after 20 seconds or when the apple logo appears and disappears for the second time or when the welcome sound plays for the second time .
Please let me know the result.