Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I just received a notification that my apple account was…

I just received a...

I just received a notification that my apple account was shut down and given directions on how to set it up again. Is this a scam?

Technician's Assistant: When was the last time you updated the Operating System (OS) on your Apple device?

I'm trying to find that info. I always update when I receive notice to do so.

The operating system is OS High Sierra.
I purchased it in Southlake which is currently shut down.
Did apple send the email :
There was a problem account
information!
As part of our Security Agreement we
have disabled your Apple IDPlease review all the personal and
security information in your account. You
can re-active your account by following
instruction..Update Account Informarion
It went on to say:
If we do not hear from you within 48 hours, your iCloud will be suspended and any saved accounts and information will be lost!We apologise for the inconvenience and hope to hear from you soon.Thanks,
Should I be downloading the My Question app? I just want to know if the message I received is legitimate.
Are you still there, Pearl?
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/14/2018
Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech

I"m sorry about the issue. That is a scam, so please do not follow any instruction in it. Apple does not ask you to verify your account via email. Scammers send fake email messages in order to trick you into sharing personal / sensitive information, such as password, social security number, credit card number, etc. As long as your device is working, then you are fine. Please always ignore any email message or phone call that you do not know or that you are not expecting.

- Do you have any further question?

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.

I had a feeling it was. Thank you so much for the information.

You're very welcome. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at this page, then click on Submit. Thank you very much,

Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech