Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I created a new account and I can not enter any contacts.

Customer Question
I created a new...

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Apple iMac 27 inch late 2012 3.4 ghz intel core 7 running macOS High Sierra

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iMac? What have you tried so far?

I just created the account this afternoon. I tried sending an email from

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

My current gmail account and I couldn't add the address to the contacts.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
Additional information: When I click on contacts I get this error:Google
404. That's an error.The requestedURL was not found on this server. That's all we know.I have a personal account***@******.***
and I'm trying to create an account for the Cuyahoga Valley National park***@******.*** where I'm having the problemRon Lutz
3/14/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 4 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com! I am Justin. I am sorry for the length of time you have been waiting. With that in mind are you still in need of assistance?

The error message should be enough to determine what's going on. The fact that I get the message immediately
without any menu is significant. Also, when I try to transfer an address from an incoming email the entry to add the
address doesn't even appear.

Where did you create a new account?

The account was made on my apple laptop. This is not an Apple problem, this is a problem with gmail as I already
established one account on this machine. If you can't tell me the problem with the gmail account with the
error code 404, I'm better off deleting the account and trying again. There either is a setting I missed or there is a problem
with gmail. I don't see any value in the $5 I spent much less a $39 charge and access to my machine. Either give me a
suggestion or give me somebody else. If there isn't another then tell me and I'll delete and recreate. Don't want to waste
anymore time on a problem that should have straight forward solution.