Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I havent used my ipad for ages and it needs a pass word to…

Customer Question
I havent used my...

I havent used my ipad for ages and it needs a pass word to get in.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I dont think i ever changed it but i havn't used it for several years

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No didn't know about it

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No thankyou

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/14/2018
Mac Support Specialist: GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to assist you. Is it a numeric "screen lock" code that you have to enter to get into the iPad, or is it your actual APPLE account password ***** you are having trouble with?

Please note: You may see offers for ADDITIONAL SERVICES that are automatically generated by the website. They are completely optional. Please feel free to ignore them.

My actual APPLE account password ***** I am having trouble with

I am so very sorry. There is a problem with our system tonight and I am not being notified of customer responses, I only see them when I search for them. Thank you so much for your patience with me.

Please open a web browser and go to https://appleid.apple.com. Click on FORGOT APPLE ID OR PASSWORD. Enter your email address and then type in the letters that you see in the CAPTCHA box. Click on CONTINUE and then follow the instructions on the screen to reset your password. choose to either have instructions sent to you via email, or choose "answer security questions" whichever you prefer. This should allow you to regain access to your account.

Please give this a try and let me know the results. If you have any problems with any of the steps or need clarification, just let me know. If for any reason this doesn't work for you, please tlet me know as there is an alternate method that we may be able to use. I am committed to working with you until the problem is fully resolved. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!