Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I haven't messed with my iPad for a while, and forgot the…

Customer Question
I haven't messed with...

I haven't messed with my iPad for a while, and forgot the password. Please advise.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

A couple of months ago, changed the password ***** my iPad. Would that have also changed it on the,iPad?

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No, thanks for the help.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/13/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 4 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your password ***** I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question."

Reset your apple password:

Getting in will depend on how you set up your apple id recovery:

Go to your https://appleid.apple.com/#!&page=signin and click ""Forgot Apple ID or password."" If asked to confirm your phone number, use steps for two-factor authentication instead.
Enter your Apple ID.
Select the option to reset your password, then choose Continue.
Choose how to reset your password:
To answer your security questions, select ""Answer security questions"" and follow the rest of the steps.
To get email instead, select ""Get an email."" To reset your password, use the email that we send to your primary or rescue email address. Didn't get the email?
If asked for a Recovery Key, use the steps for two-factor authentication or two-step verification instead.

Try those steps to recover the password ***** let me know the results. If we need further instructions, just let me know either way.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Reply with any and all errors or concerns referring to your technical issue.

Thank you,

~Franklin"

Please update so i can close this issue out or continue your troubleshooting.

Thank you,

~Franklin

I apologize, I meant a reset for my iPod, not iPad. Is it the same for both?